Wednesday, June 27, 2007

School Library Learning 2.0 #1-4

Hi,

#1 When I first read about this program I thought it would be a wonderful way for me to get up to speed on Web 2.0 applications and uses. Then in the crush of end of year duties I forgot about it. What a pleasure to finally have time to get started. I enjoyed reading the overview of the program.

#2 When listening to the lifelong learning pointers, I thought about the hardest thing for me and decided that it was viewing problems as challenges. When I first encounter a problem, I tend to get frustrated and can't see it as a way of growing. It's only when I come back to it later that I'm determined to find out how to overcome or get around it. Then I can be obsessed until I've figured it out!

The easiest thing for me is setting a goal and then accepting responsibility for my own learning. I enjoy expanding my horizons.

#3 Setting up my blog was easier than I had thought it would be. At the end of May, our school district had offered a Google training and I had set up a Google email account then, so setting up the blog was very quick. In order to get going, I chose a template, but it could be fun to design my own.
It took longer to make all the selections for my avatar. While what I chose is pretty conservative, it was fun to see all the varied options. Again, exporting it was easier than I had thought it would be.

#4 Now that I've registered, I'm really ready to go!

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - we are sure you will enjoy the journey. Take as long as you wish and be sure to discover all sorts of new sites and tools.

We like your avatar. Did you know that your CSLA 2.0 Team talked to the very nice graphic designer at Yahoo! Avatars and she designed a "READ" shirt? How cool is that? See details on http://2CoolTools.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

IrmaPince said...

Welcome to the group. I'm glad school is finally over and that you are eager to begin exploring with us.